A Winning Attorney?
SIGNS OF ABUSE IN A NURSING HOME IN SURPRISE, AZ
Sometimes a person may require special care, supervision and medical treatment when they get older. Nursing homes are meant to provide such care to the elderly, but unfortunately, the staff may not always provide the care a patient is supposed to receive. They also may not treat the patient in an ethical or appropriate manner and it is important to be aware of signs of exploitation. Nursing home abuse can include malnutrition, negligent care, physical assault, sexual abuse and even incidents of theft. Being aware of different signs can help in determining whether or not your loved one has been a victim of abuse.
SOME OF THE IMPORTANT THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR INCLUDE:
- Marks on their body that denote force, bruises, burns or broken bones
- Weight loss, bedsores, significantly poor hygiene and lack of attention to medical needs
- Sudden emotional withdrawal from everyday activities and conversation
- Bruising on or around the genital area or breasts
- Missing possessions or significant difference in financial record
- Awkward or tense relationship between the nursing home employee and your loved one
- These are just a few of many ways in which the personnel at a nursing home could be guilty of abuse. If you believe that you or someone you love has suffered from such abuse and personal injury, you may be able to seek compensation. However, you must build a strong case with help from a lawyer. For this reason, we encourage you to contact a skilled injury attorney in Surprise, AZ..
IMPORTANCE OF HIRING A SKILLED PEORIA AND SURPRISE INJURY LAWYER
It is nearly impossible to win maximum compensation without representation from a qualified attorney. At Gerber Injury Law, we understand your pain and suffering and want nothing more than to help you fight for justice. Our firm has been in practice for more than 20 years, giving us the experience and resources to study your situation in detail and present a strong case. With our help, you could be compensated for the injuries you or your loved one has sustained because of negligence or abuse in a nursing home. Consult with a Surprise nursing home neglect lawyer from our firm as soon as possible.
Founding Surprise personal injury attorney, Ken Gerber, has handled hundreds of personal injury trial cases during his years in practice. Should your case need to be brought to trial, he has the experience and aggression to fight for the payment you deserve. Our firm could also provide helpful counsel and guide you through your difficult and confusing legal process. Schedule a consultation with us today to learn more.